My purpose in tutoring:
1. To reach students who have doubts about their math ability and show them they can do it! And not only that, they can have a rewarding experience doing it.
2. To make math more accessible to everyone by providing an extremely solid foundation in Algebraic basics & beyond
3. To empower students by teaching them how to learn, and supporting them every step of the way
4. Long term: to make this type of empowering math instruction more accessible to everyone, regardless of income or educational background.
5. Long term: to further high school and college drop-out prevention efforts by making this type of empowering math instruction available
to all students. This is critical in the early stages to identify and support younger students with a can do attitude!
Purpose of the lessons:
1. To produce results that are specific and measurable and that STICK–in each and every session, and over the course of our study together.
2. To make it fun. You learn better when you’re having a good time. Our lessons are rigorous and relaxed at the same time. I keep it light. I love what we do. We smile a lot. I will be your biggest fan. I’ll make you believe that you can do it, and before you know it you’ll be enjoying yourself, which of course means you’ll be learning better, and voila!–the upward spiral is in full effect.
I love math…and my students do too!!!
4,105 total views, 3 views today